Monday, April 12, 2010

La Cholla Challenge




April 2nd was the 2nd of 13 races in the Intermountain Cup series. Went into this race with the goal of going out with the top five and staying with them. The start was fast and dusty, by the first climb I found myself sitting in 6th. I quickly talked myself into being satisfied with sixth. I figured I would try to stay there. I thought, if the stars align then someone will have a mechanical and I'll gingerly slip into 5th place. By the top of the first climb my legs had decided to ignore my lazy and unambitious mind and take over. I moved into third, felt strong. By the end of the first lap we were a pack of three out front with no sign of 4th place. Second lap we lost one rider and now it was just two of us. We worked together until a bit into the last lap when I got hung up on some lapped riders and then shot my bike out on a sandy turn. This resulted in a 30 second gap that I was never able to close down. Finished 2nd and well pleased.



1 comment:

  1. You are officially "that new fast guy" congrats on 2nd and way to represent the jersey!

    ReplyDelete