Monday, April 12, 2010

Desert Rampage Race




The Intermountain Cup race series began with the Desert Rampage race in St. George on 3/6/10. Wasn't sure exactly what to expect. It was my first chance to test the waters having not raced a cross-country MTB race for 8 or 9 years, and the last time I did, I was racing as a "Clydesdale". I raced with the Expert 30-39 class and they were quick. I felt strong enough but was suffering from start to finish. Goal was top 5, finished 9th. I was disappointed until I realized that I had no basis for aspiring for top 5. Had I made top ten my goal, a more realistic yet still ambitious prospect, the 4 hour drive home would not have been filled with such awkward silence. Silence yes, since I was driving alone, but not awkward silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment